SRTA News and Updates
Be Informed, Be Engaged, Be Active.
The SRTA Negotiations Team met with SRCS on October 30th to initiate negotiations for the 2019-2020 school year. As a part of this meeting they gave SRCS our Initial Negotiations Proposal.
Please find the complete text of the proposal below.
1. The negotiating team requests and encourages your questions about the negotiating proposals. Please use the Negotiating Feedback Form to ask your questions. It will allow us to keep track of questions better. Your questions will either be responded to individually or in the SRTA Monday Update. (Form link: bit.ly/SRTAnegFB
2. Proposal document updated to include supporting documents
Initial SRTA Proposal
The following has been negotiated by SRTA:
1. Elementary illuminate Ed trainings for Report Cards that are currently in My Learning Plan have been negotiated and are approved by SRTA. Teachers will get the extended day rate, and they are completely voluntary. Dates and locations are in My Learning Plan
2. Secondary Illuminate Ed training will be offered as soon as possible for basic use and GradeBook. Dates and time TBD. More extensive training on advanced topics will be planned by the Illuminate Ed subcommittee and offered in the second semester. All trainings will be paid at the extended day rate.
3. The Illuminate Ed sub-committees have been negotiated and approved and are being re-formed, and members who choose to join will be paid for meeting times at the extended day rate. An official SRTA member representative will be appointed by the Exec Board.
4. SRTA has negotiated for a Fire Relief Leave Bank. For those teachers who lost their home during the fires, SRTA will work to get enough days to give each of those teachers 10 days. The days will be given to those teachers to use those days prior to using any of their own accumulated days. See all the details in the SRTA Temporary Fire Relief Leave Bank Post
As of today, SRTA has already given out $47,000 in grants to 141 educators who lost homes or who were displaced by the fires. We also filed for CTA grants on behalf of our members for an additional $30,000 in grants with more to follow.
The $250 and $500 SRTA Disaster Grants are being given out as quickly as possible. We still have a bunch more grants in process.
You can help support SRTA members by donating to our YouCaring fundraising page at bit.ly/SRTAfund. SRTA has raised $20,160 so far and will continue to get this money into members hands as quickly as possible.
Members who were displaced or who lost their homes can apply for the SRTA Disaster Grant as well as the CTA Disaster Grants by going to bit.ly/SRTAgrant.
If admin or DO tell you that "We had 59 IllumniateEd trainings over the summer, but SRTA just didn't go," remind them that the district refused to negotiate those trainings in violation to the EERA (Educational Employment Relations Act of 1976). Then give them this document with highlighted quotes from the EERA.
SRTA is the exclusive representative of our bargaining unit. Hours, wages, and working conditions are MANDATORY subjects of bargaining.
EERA Quote Sheet
Provide this document to admin as needed.
Search All of WeAreSRTA.org
Connect with SRTA on: